When I tell people that I rarely ever wear deodorant they look at me in disbelief and ask how on earth I go about my daily routine in sunny hot California without being stinky. In fact, they wonder how I smell so good. The answer is this guys. I never wore antiperspirant growing up because my mom would not allow it but I still wore commercial deodorant back in the day that had harsh ingredients like propylene glycol and fragrance (i.e. not perfume but often used as a covert term to hide noxious ingredients) and when I learned about those ingredients, I immediately did some research and realized I had to put myself on a deodorant detox if I ever wanted to rid myself of my awful conventional product!
A Little About Your Lymph.
In summary, Don’t F around!
The lymphatic system’s primary function is to protect the body against infections, bacteria and cancer cells. Lymph vessels carry lymphatic fluid via the lymphatic system and this fluid is home to our while blood cells AKA Immunity Cells!
IMMUNITY CELLS FOLKS!
Lymphatic fluid also transmit protein molecules, salts, glucose and other substances, along with bacteria, throughout the body and the lymphatic system houses the tonsils, which filter bacteria before digestion takes place, the adenoids, which are located at the back of your nose and protects the entrance to the digestive system and lungs and is responsible for the spleen and thymus, which scan the blood and produce those immunity cells our body needs to help keep us free of disease.
The Lymphatic system is most definitely not a natural process that you want to interrupt. As well, because a prime lymph territory for excreting waste is at your armpit, located right alongside your breast tissue, bonding this area with aluminum so waste cannot leave means you are instead hoarding waste in that area putting your breast health at risk.
Any disease of the lymph is just not a good situation. You get this right?
We don’t need a PhD in microbiology when we have common sense. Also, if it is science-backed studies you want, you probably will have a hard time finding them because studies that challenge billion-dollar industries are rarely being funded.
My intention is to inspire you to follow your gut and instead of studies, err on the side of caution.
Also, Know This:
- Product begets product. The more you rely on antiperspirant the more you need. This relationship is the most codependent of all product / junkie relationships because the more toxins you store, the more your body will excrete when you are not wearing antiperspirant and this is what stinks, not sweat. Sweat actually contains natural oils that are anti-microbial and anti-bacterial specifically for the purpose of keeping you squeeky clean. It’s the toxins you won’t allow your body to eliminate that causes that awful BO.
So, What’s A Gal To Do? A Deodorant Detox Of Course!
Short and Sweet…
- Don’t wear antiperspirant or any deodorant with propylene glycol, parabens and fragrance. Plain and simple, this is the detox.
But Wait, How On Earth…?
- Will you smell? You betcha – especially if you have a meat-heavy diet, smoke cigarettes and eat lots of processed foods – but, if you are getting how important it is not to F around with your lymphatic system, you’ll keep reading…
- So yes, you’re smelly but all you have to do is wear a natural deodorant in the meanwhile while carrying a lavender essential oil in your bag to dab on when you really need it. Also, take bathroom breaks throughout the day and wipe your armpits with a damp paper towel and dab a drop or two of your essential oil! Trust me when I tell you that the end result will motivate you on the stinkiest of days. I promise!
- Make sure to hang out with people that love you and wont judge you for being stinky. If they can’t hang, they’re not your friends. This is your health we are talking about.
- To minimize your stink factor the next 28- 30 days (average time your body needs for you to notice a difference) definitely lay off as much meat/dairy as possible and processed/packaged foods. Eat more fresh bright greens!
- Worried about stinking at the gym or at yoga? Ummmm gyms and yoga studios stink as it is so why be insecure there? Think of these places as safe smelly havens to go to during your detox.
The day is going to come where you wake up one morning, shower, get dressed and go to work. After work you may even meet friends for drinks and even spend a little time with your hunny and then it’s going to hit you. You don’t smell. An entire day to and fro, out and about and not a whiff of unpleasantness.
Rejoice! You Made It!
This is when your natural deodorant will really work wonderfully moving forward and your lymphatic system will finally be able to do the best job ever at keeping you in optimum health! Hello gorgeous!