Gluten gets such a bad wrap but unless you have Celiac disease, why on earth are you not questioning the mass amounts of agro-chemicals and pesticides that are needed to harvest conventional wheat or the endless synthetic additives and soy isaolates that have not been proven safe for human consumption that are in your food?
Big Food has learned a thing or two from Big Beauty.
For the millions of Americans jumping on the gluten-free bandwagon you are limiting yourself to all the other causes and thus will remain in the dark when it comes to understanding your body, knowing the triggers that make it hurt and what the best solutions are.
So, speaking of solutions, I have some!
Do you want to finally feel better once and for all after you eat? Well, I’m willing to bet that if you just stopped consuming these CONVENTIONALLY MADE foods…
- Packaged Salad Dressing.
- Most Packaged Jellies and Jams
- Jarred Mayo and ketchup (unless you are buying one of these two brands)
- Most Condiments (read ingredients).
- Canola and/or Vegetable Oil.
- Packaged Grated Cheese.
- Non-organic anything made with flour.
- Farmed Fish.
- Packaged Nut Milks.
- Artificial Sweeteners.
- Most Packaged Nut Butters.
…and stopped buying food with these ingredients…
- Palm, vegetable and canola oil – Don’t even get me started. Read More here and here
- Guar Gum – the lesser of gum evils, but it is a laxative and overconsumption can cause you to stress your intestines, gut and bowels
- Xanthan Gum – made from corn, soy or wheat. Ummmm three of the most polluted crops in this country
- Tapioca Starch – Raises blood sugar to high levels, which means high insulin levels follow which blocks mobilization of fat and encourages fat deposition
- Natural Flavors – Could be anything. It’s an umbrella term used in food to hide ingredients.
- Yeast Extract, Gelatin, Whey Protein Isolate, Soy Protein Isolate, Pectin and More – AKA MSG
- Soy Lecithin – isolated processed soy. Digestive nightmare
- Carrageenan – Also can be code name for MSG and there is research linking it to gastrointestinal inflammation and higher rates of colon cancer, in laboratory animals. Read More
- Maltodextrin – Also can be code name for MSG and another synthetic additive made from some of the most polluted and GMO crops in the U.S.: corn, wheat, potatoes and rice. Read More
…and if you…
- Ate WAY LESS dairy, meat, chicken and fish and especially in the evening. Eat animal protein in the morning and afternoon only. Also, if you only knew as much as I do, you’d understand why organic or grass-fed doesn’t mean much these days. Please spend more, buying animal products directly from your rancher at the farmers market. Otherwise, by your cunsumption you are participating in all kinds of awful madness (and your manifested illness).
- Avoided ALL conventional potatoes (i.e. potato chips, fries etc. Potatoes must only be organic!)
… and just incorporated more…
- Quality filtered water and herbal teas.
- Fresh foods loaded with fiber, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and other immune building nutrients and complex carbohydrates.
- Healthy fats like ghee, certified fair trade palm oil and organic olive and avocado oil.
- Raw cane sugar.
- Herbs and spices.
- Fresh homemade meals using more organic ingredients.
I know your body will feel a hell of a lot better!
Clean up your eating and I promise you, so much, if not everything, will change for the better.